Please join us for our 11th Annual Access to Capital and Telecom Policy Conference: “Maximizing Innovation, Inclusion, and Entrepreneurship in a Digital Economy” July 9th and 10th at the Embassy Suites Convention Center Hotel, Washington, DC.
What: Maximizing Innovation, Inclusion, and Entrepreneurship in a Digital Economy is two days of total immersion with influencers and game changers who provide the latest developments and opportunities in spectrum and infrastructure, telecom and small business policy, broadcasting, digital media, supplier diversity and procurement, and social justice issues of inclusion and bridging the digital divide.
- FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai
- FCC Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel
- Former FCC Commissioner Deborah Taylor Tate
- Former FCC Commissioner Gloria Tristani
- California State PUC Commissioner Cathy Sandoval
Several noteworthy individuals and organizations will receive MMTC’s highest awards and honors:
- Former FCC Commissioners Jonathan Adelstein and Robert McDowell will receive the Everett C. Parker Lifetime Achievement Award
- Grain Capital Founder and Managing Partner David Grain will receive the Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Law firms Akin Gump and Davis Wright Tremaine will receive the Excellence in Pro Bono Service Award
Who should attend:
Typical attendance attracts over 350 entrepreneurs, senior managers, bankers, venture capitalists, brokers, government officials, and attorneys.
This is the place to be whether you are an entrepreneur seeking connections with top executives from major media, telecom, and broadband firms, or an established media, telecom, or broadband firm seeking to connect with multicultural entrepreneurs, in addition to some of the nation’s most noted leaders from the White House, Congress, the Department of Commerce, and the Federal Communications Commission.
Cutting edge sessions include:
- Wealth Gap Roundtable: Bridging the Wealth Gap through Innovation, Education, and Entrepreneurship
- Civil Rights Roundtable: How the Nation’s Civil Rights Organizations Can Win the Fight to Restore Minority Media and Telecom Ownership
- Why access to technology is the civil rights imperative of the 21st century
- How innovation and education can shrink the wealth gap, the jobs gap, and the broadband adoption gap
- How the Obama Administration’s Small Business JOBS Act and the National Broadband Plan can spur job creation and investment for MWBEs in the communications industries
- How “crowdfunding” using social media is revolutionizing access to capital for digital media startups
- How entrepreneurs can secure access to vendor financing and supplier diversity programs
- How minority-owned video channels are thriving in a multi-platform marketplace
- And much more
Join us – the game has changed. Make sure you know the new rules to reposition yourself to succeed in the digital economy.
We look forward to seeing you this year!
Maurita K. Coley
Chief Operating Officer, MMTC