We look forward to seeing you July 9th and 10th at our 11th Annual Access to Capital and Telecom Policy Conference, Maximizing Innovation, Inclusion, and Entrepreneurship in a Digital Economy!For our friends who will be joining us from out of town, we have secured a discounted rate with our host hotel, the Embassy Suites Convention Center Hotel, which will be available until Friday, June 28.
Single Occupancy – $239
Double Occupancy – $264
Triple Occupancy – $289
Quadruple Occupancy – $314
The Access to Capital conference brings together over 350 policymakers, innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors to explore access to capital for minority- and women-owned media, new media, and telecom companies.
Register now so you don’t miss our array of panels and speakers, which will discuss closing the digital divide, the wealth gap, how minority entrepreneurs can secure funding, and much more! Here’s a snapshot of this year’s schedule:
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
- 10:00-12:00pm – New Telecom and Internet Policy Taskforce Meeting – (Members and Staff only)
- 12:15-1:45pm – Congressional Luncheon
- 2:00-3:00pm – Wealth Gap Roundtable: Bridging the Wealth Gap Through Innovation, Education, and Entrepreneurship
- 3:15-3:45pm – Special Presentation: An MWBE Agenda for the FCC – 2013-2016
- 3:45-5:00pm – Civil Rights Roundtable: How the Nation’s Civil Rights Organizations Can Win the Restoration of Minority Media and Telecom Ownership
- 5:30-7:30pm – Awards Reception: Celebrating MMTC’s Success in Advancing Minority Entrepreneurship
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
- 8:00-9:30am – FCC Commissioners’ Breakfast
- 9:30-10:30am – Getting in the Game: How Spectrum Auctions and the IP Transition are Keys to Minority Opportunity
- 10:45-11:45am – 50 Years of Successful Entrepreneurship: Case Studies Featuring Men and Women Who Succeeded
- 12pm-1:45pm – Access to Capital and MMTC Hall of Fame Awards Luncheon
- 2:00-3:00pm – Media Experts Share their Secrets to Success in a Multi-platform World
- 3:00-4:00pm – Spurring Innovation: Shortcuts for Tech Entrepreneurs Who Want to Turn an Idea into a Business
- 4:00-5:00pm – Supplier Diversity Networking Reception and Procurement Forum
Thursday, July 11, 2013 – Attend the FCC’s Angel Investors Forum
Registrants are encouraged to stay an additional day for free event: The FCC’s Angel Investors Forum
- 9:00 am – 4:30 pm* – presented by the FCC’s Office of Communications Business Opportunities (OCBO) and held at the Federal Communications Commission, 445 12th St. S.W.
*Angel investor panels followed by one-on-one sessions
Please forward this information to anyone you think may want to join you at the conference.
See you July 9th and 10th!