Only 8 more days to REGISTER!!!
The Minority Media and Telecommunication Council’s 10th Annual Access to Capital and Telecom Policy Conference is rapidly approaching! On Wednesday, July 18 and Thursday, July 19 MMTC will host a diverse gathering of industry leaders, public officials, and multicultural digital entrepreneurs at Washington’s Westin Georgetown Hotel.
Register online NOW before online registration closes (hyperlink to registration page). Limited number of scholarships are available for nonprofits, government, and educational attendees (email email@example.com). The event is open to the press.
July 18th Highlights
- Join FCC Commissioners Robert McDowell, Mignon Clyburn, and new Commissioner, Jessica Rosenworcel at the FCC and Telecom Policy Luncheon, with a Keynote Address on Telecom Policy by Jose Mas, CEO, MasTec, Inc.
- Obama Administration’s Keynote Address on Infrastructure and Jobs Creation by Thomas Power, U.S. Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Telecommunications
- Industry experts discuss How to Create Business Opportunities from Spectrum and Infrastructure and Supplier Diversity and How to Win Procurement Contracts
- Presentation of the Everett C. Parker Lifetime Achievement Award to Congressman James E. Clyburn
- Learn all you wanted to know about becoming an entrepreneur at the Next Generation Entrepreneurs Boot Camp
July 19th Highlights
- Join Members of Congress – Hon. Eddie Bernice Johnson, Hon. Bobby Rush, and Hon. Clifford Stearns at the Congressional Breakfast
- Join Georgetown University Center for Business and Public Policy’s Visiting Senior Scholar and venture capital and finance representatives on Financing Legacy and New Media Deals in a Digital Economy
- Join Radio One/TV One CEO Alfred Liggins in an Entrepreneurship Case Study of Interactive One
- Meet the federal government’s Generators of Entrepreneurial Opportunity and learn about the latest business stimulus opportunities from the U.S. Department of Commerce, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the Small Business Administration
- Special Presentation on the Media Images of Latinos and What Must Be Done to Improve Them by Moctesuma Esparza and Dr. Frances Negron-Muntaner
Join the discussion on Financing the Transition to the Digital Economy and network with 350 participants representing entrepreneurs, senior managers, bankers, venture capitalists, brokers, and attorneys determined to help to set the stage for improving diversity and widening opportunity in the media and telecom industries.
- FCC Commissioners Telecom Policy Luncheon
- Creating Business Opportunities from Spectrum and Infrastructure
- Congressional Breakfast panel
- Next Gen Entrepreneurs Boot Camp
- and more!
We look forward to a very productive two days of learning and deal-making!